Thursday, July 14, 2011

Home Made Pasta

The July Daring Kitchen Challenge was to make home made pasta.  Be sure to check out my full post on my main blog.

Pasta:
Ingredients
2 cups semolina flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
2 large eggs



  • Make a well of the flour and salt on your work surface




  • Add eggs and olive oil to the well, mix into flour until a stiff dough is formed

  • Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest in fridge for approx. 1 hour

  • Divide dough into small portions, flatten into a disk and feed through pasta roller at widest setting.  Fold the dough in 3 and feed through again.  Repeat this step 5-6 times.

  • Change the roller settings to a smaller width and continue to feed dough through.  Lower the setting with each pass.  You can cut the dough if it gets too long to work with.
  • Once the dough is the desired thickness, pass it through the cutting end of the pasta machine.

  • Hang pasta to dry.


Tomato, Basil, Brie and Fresh Pasta
Ingredients
Fresh Pasta
Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh Basil Leaves
Brie


  • Quarter tomatoes.
  • Remove stems from basil leaves, cut a Chiffonade
  • Remove rind from Brie, cube.
  • Cook Pasta - fresh pasta only takes 1-2 minutes. Drain.
  • Toss tomatoes, basil and Brie with hot pasta till Brie is melted.
  • Serve and enjoy.



6 comments:

  1. Your pasta looks amazing and I just love your tomato- basil-brie combination... yummmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! Tomato/basil/brie would be so good - I'll put that on my 'to try' list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basil and brie is such a tasty combination :o) Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantatsic.I am your first follower and immediately I fall in the price.One of my favourites Patsa.Now I am also publishing a series on a group blog in serbian language and haven't had a guest from Canada yet.Would you like to be it?Don't worry I will translate your work:)
    You can see links to the first round on my other blog here:
    http://dzolistic.blogspot.com/2011/07/pa-daopetoh-yesonce-again.html

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to let you know.I am celebrating on my blog 100 followers and having giveway of 2 great cookbooks.Please take part it doesn't take long and iti is not difficult.You never know you might be the lucky one;)
    here; http://dzolistic.blogspot.com/2011/07/hip-hip-hooray-i-have-passed-hundred.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!Combination of basil and brie sounds really nice :).

    ReplyDelete