Mango Shrimp and Quinoa salad
Starter - Grilled Bocconcini
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 chopped anchovy filets
- ¼ Baguette
- 1 container Bocconcini (8)
Combine olive oil, parsley, capers, Dijon, lemon juice and anchovies.
Slice baguette into 20 thin slices and Bocconcini into 16 halves.
Lightly toast baguette and top each piece with a Bocconcini half.
Run under broiler until cheese begins to melt – 4 to 5 minutes depending on broiler or heat on grill
Drizzle with anchovy sauce.
Main - Quinoa and shrimp salad
- 1/2 cup Mango Chipotle dressing divided
- 2lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups quinoa rinsed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
Bring broth to boil, add in rinsed quinoa.
Return to boil; cover.
Simmer med-low 10-15 minutes until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Fluff and cool.
Marinate shrimp in ¼ cup Mango dressing.
Chop vegetables and mix remaining dressing with lime juice.
Add vegetables and dressing to cooled quinoa and toss, gently.
Flash fry shrimp and arrange, prettily, around salad.
Side - Grilled/broiled Okra
- 2 or more lbs Okra
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
Skewer Okra on two parallel skewers.
Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Broil for 5 to 7 minutes until tender.
Sprinkle with Lime juice and serve.
Dessert – Eton Mess
- Whipping cream
- A little sugar/booze/Splenda
- Fresh chopped fruit (Strawberries are traditional but anything that strikes your fancy)
Whip cream to soft peaks.
Stir all together with fruit and serve at once
Dinner was a great hit with everyone!!