These candies were very easy to make and really quite yummy. You may think that the sugar will never incorporate into the small amount of cream cheese that you use, but carry on, it really does.
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups sifted icing sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Food colouring (optional)
- Blend cream cheese and mint extract with electric mixer. If using food colouring, add now.
- Sift and add sugar slowly, mixing well between each addition.
- When mixture gets too stiff to use electric mixer, mix by hand.
- Using melon baller, scoop small amount of dough and roll into small, cherry size ball,
- Place on parchement lined cookie sheet, sprinkled with powdered sugar
- Flatten each cirlce with the back of a fork,
- Let dry overnight, turning each candy occasionally so that it dries thouroughly.
- Store in parchment lined tin for up to 3 weeks.