- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- thyme to taste
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan
- Sautée onion and garlic till translucent
- Add in celery, zucchini and jalapeno. Cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes, till tender.
- Add broth, seasoning and quinoa
- Bring to a boil, cover with lid and reduce heat
- Simmer for approx. 20 minutes, till vegetable and quinoa are cooked through
- Blend with a hand mixer till smooth and creamy.
- Add in frozen peas and stir well
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings